A variation on our usual Cheese & Wine pairing evening – this special event pairs wines and cheeses supplied exclusively by Hum Closen (Suzannah, our friendly local cheese specialist).
Hum Closen is a business established by Suzannah Wansell, a highly experienced cheesemonger and local Mum who believes in consuming quality produce, naturally made. Suzannah started her cheese supply business a few years ago through her website and by exhibiting at markets, but now she is based in Meadows community shop in Newnham.
We are proud to have Suzannah as our wine school’s cheese partner and she also sells a small range of quality organic wines. So for this event she has selected 7 wines from her range and paired them with 7 of her cheeses!
If you have enjoyed any of our previous cheese and wine events, this is an opportunity to try something new and broaden your horizons even more. If you are new to our Cheese & Wine tastings this will still be a great introduction. We will all have fun sampling and voting for our favourites and of course Suzannah will be on hand to answer all your questions.
The line-up will be:
- CORRA LINN English sheep’s milk cheese from Lanarkshire. A rich mix of brothy umami flavours anchored with a familiar floral zing. Paired with: Honorio Rubio Tremendus Rioja Rosado
- COMTE aged 24 months. Rich, fruity, nutty, salty and savoury. Paired with: h(Autres) Terres unoaked Chardonnay
- CROTTIN CHAVIGNOL Loire valley goat’s milk cheese. With a super smooth, dense paste, and refreshing lemony notes. Paired with: Vourvray Brut NV Domaine Champalou
- TOMME CHAMBROUZE Delicious, fresh goat’s milk cheese from Beaujolais with delicate flavours. Paired with: Thirst Gamay from South Africa
- LANGRES Soft, fudgy texture and slightly piquant flavour. Paired with: Herve Villemade Cheverny Rouge Loire Valley
- ISLE OF MULL CHEDDAR Full-flavoured Scottish Cheddar with a fruity tang, richly savoury and boozy. Paired with: Ciu Ciu Piceno Le Marche (Sangiovese and Montepulciano)
- STICHELTON A rich, dense and creamy paste and a delicately spiced blue, with toasty, biscuity notes towards the rind. Paired with: Cazes Banyuls Clos des Paulilles
Biscuits for cheese are included and details of where to source the wines locally if you want to get your hands on the pairings you like the most.
There will be something for everyone in this special tasting. If you like cheese and you like wine, this is the perfect combination – book on-line now.
All our tastings include tasting notes, a tutored tasting and the use of professional tasting glasses.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Thu 12th Mar 2020 at 7pm
Venue: Clayton Hotel (was Tamburlaine), Station Road